Borehole Death Trial
The judge investigating the death of two-year-old Julen Roselló, who fell to his death down a 110-meter borehole near Málaga, has formally named the owner of the rural property where the toddler fell as a suspect.
This comes a day after prosecutors in Málaga asked for David Serrano to be investigated for involuntary manslaughter. Serrano’s defense lawyer confirmed his client had been formally named as a suspect.
This development means that the public prosecution has ruled out, for now, the possibility that other people were criminally responsible for Julen’s death.
The 2 year old fell down the borehole on Sunday, January 13 and his body was recovered 13 days later thanks to an unprecedented rescue operation involving more than 300 people.
A Málaga courtroom opened an investigation into the incident to determine whether negligence was involved.
A Briton and an American man are among at least four people rushed to hospital with stab wounds after a violent attack in Rome blamed on football hooligans.
Around 40 people were reportedly involved in a fight which broke out near an Irish bar just hours before this evenings UEFA Europa League match between Lazio and Sevilla.
A Spaniard is understood to be fighting for his life after being knifed during the altercation.
Italian media have said the British man, an American and another Spaniard were among those who suffered stab wounds.
The violence broke out around 9.30pm last night near the Colosseum in the Rome.
Video Footage showed a group of hooded armed men – believed to be Lazio hooligans – dressed in black armed with sticks and truncheons running through the streets in search of Sevilla fans.
Italian media reported around 40 people were involved in the violence.
Carles Puigdemont, the former president of of Catalonia who fled to Belgium, said yesterday that he would like to leave politics and return to normal life as soon as possible, but warned that he expects a new European arrest warrant .. the third one, against him in the next few weeks.
He said the Spanish judiciary refuses to accept him as a witness in the separatists trial. He said he was willing to answer all the questions of the prosecution and the defense.
King Felipe and Queen Letizia arrived in Rabat yesterday for an official visit to Morocco, at the invitation of King Mohammed VI.
The visit, King Felipe’s second to Morocco celebrates the enduring partnership and strong relations existing between the two countries.
the Spanish Royal’s were welcomed by King Mohammed and his family .. The procession then headed to the Royal Palace in Rabat where an official welcome ceremony was held.
The have already signed an agreement to set up a third power link.
The two countries already have two undersea links with a combined capacity of up to 1,400 megawatts.